February 20, 2017
Here at Classic Motorcycle Consignments we enjoy what we do! We especially enjoy communicating with our client base and hearing back from them. So our newsletter is occasionally more of a communication device, short and to the point, to reach out to you in your busy day.
LAS VEGAS 2017:
We had a great time in Vegas and said hello to many of our subscribers. We were also able to bid on bikes for clients that could not make the trip. Some bids were successful and others were not. On the successful bids we assisted with all transport arrangements and account payments. Next round of Auctions is the first week of June with another 500 to 700 motorcycles slated to cross the line.
• 1942 Harley Davidson XA correct military trim machine. Let us know if you are ready to sell. We have a client ready to purchase.
• 1942 WLA Military Parts. We purchased a bike in Vegas but it is missing some items. Looking for the chain guard, shift knob, front rifle scabbard holder, and front ammo can. Also any literature or other spare parts for this motorcycle.
• 101 Indian Scout. Well we did it again. We are again sold out of Indian 101’s. What do you have to offer?
• Kawasaki KZ 900. We have a client looking to buy a good running machine. What do you have to offer?
• Super X 45 Oil Pump. We I asked at Vegas for a Super X 45 oil pump. Someone told me they had one. PLEASE get back to me. My client needs it. See photo sample below:
• 1928 Harley Davidson JD rolling chassis with a fresh engine and tranny, original rusted, crusty sheet metal, reasonable wheels, tires and spokes. This project bike is ready for a final build and run, or just fire and run as is. Call Tim for details.
• 1948 Harley Davidson EL original survivor. This motorcycle was just picked up from the original owner. Great story, all original , incredible runner. Go to the web site to see More.
• 1970 BMW R 75. This motorcycle was just secured from a garage in Orange County, California. New top end, new battery (electric start), new fluids, and this baby started right up. Very nice entry level motorcycle in need of TLC from a new owner. See more Here.
If you're looking for a specific motorcycle to buy, please let us know and we will add it to our Wanted List.
Thanks for reading and we hope to hear from you soon or see you at the next event. As usual, call or email anytime, Tim and the staff at Classic Motorcycle Consignments!
Check in to the site often to see what we have and feel free to share our newsletters and other posts to Facebook and other social media.
Cheers from the Staff at Classic Motorcycle Consignments!
Tim Graber, Proprietor
Mesinger Tandem Seats (Reproduction)
Classic Motorcycle Consignments is proud to represent the newly re-manufactured Mesinger Tandem Seat (reproduction) MADE IN THE USA!
-- Complete Assembly
-- Frame Only (no seat pan)
-- Covered Seat Only (Black or Brown Leather)
View All Products Available Here: http://www.classicmotorcycleconsignments.com/parts-and-pieces/motorcycle-seats
This is an exact reproduction of the original, Mesinger Tandem Seat. An original assembly was found a few years back and a decision was made to manufacture correct, new assemblies of the Mesinger Tandem Seat. The original was taken apart and each piece exactly measured and reproduced.
There are 84 handmade parts to the Tandems. After manufacturing the forming dies and tools to form the parts it took 42 man hours to make each seat frame and seat. MADE IN THE USA! The material that is used to make them; 1-1/8 x 3/16 Round edge flat stock, is no longer available. A Steel Rolling Mill made a special run of the flat stock in a 3,000 foot run. The Parts were cut on an iron worker then holes punched and bars rounded with a forming die, exactly like Mesinger would have made them so that the pieces have the same look as the original.
The frame is put together with the same rivets and round head bolts as the original. The foot board rubbers were cut out of flat rubber stock and hand grip rubber pieces were molded in rubber molds as the originals. MADE IN THE USA!
The original Seat Pan was 3D scanned and stamped out of the same thickness sheet metal as the original to the exact dimensions of the original. MADE IN THE USA!
Harley, Indian, Henderson, Cleveland, Excelsior Super X and Big X would have used the same size Tandem seat frame back in the day (from 1920 on the first scout to 1949 on the rigid frame Harley’s). Harley Riders wanting to ride double would have purchased the frame from a repair shop or second hand as they bolt right on.
The Seat itself could have been purchased separately by customers of Indian, Harley, Cleveland, and Excelsior. They could have been used as a rider seat, probably most likely on bobbers of the day; but not usually on a stock model. The rider seats of the day were longer and had a shorter back.
The exciting thing about the Tandems is the increased family involvement in the sport! I hope we can promote as many as possible in a worldwide market.
Now available through Classic Motorcycle Consignments.
Mesinger Tandem Seats (reproduction)
For use on any American Made “Hard Tail Motorcycle 1920 – 1949
Perfect re-manufacturer/reproduction including all of the component parts (84) pieces to an assembly) and re-stamped Mesinger pans.
We ship via UPS, FedEx and USPS, depending on which is most cost effective for you and your area. All products are shipped from Portland, OR/USA. Please contact us for a shipping quote.
Products are shipped in a 500 lb. extra heavy cardboard box with paper and foam sheet packing.
Frames, seats and complete assemblies will arrive completely assembled and ready to bolt on. It takes 4 hands to install, as one person is needed to hold the unit.
Please allow 15 days for delivery, products ship within 5 days from your order.