This 1966 Harley Davidson FLH Electra Glide is an original paint, factory original motorcycle. The bike runs great and has been maintained well over the years. In fact, it was ridden to Sturgis this year (approx. 1,000 miles). It’s currently 90% original, including the S&S heads and Super B carb, and the national windshield. Current Owner has all the original parts: original frame mount buddy seat, Linkert carb, and original heads.
This ’66 Harley Davidson has 38k miles with matching case numbers. The bike appears to be a police special edition. It has a few paint dings but overall, in great condition. The bike is currently with its third owner. The second owner had the bike from 1970 until 2017. It has matching cases.
Recent and Past Work Completed:
• Owner recently replaced the battery, kicker gear, rear juice drum cylinder, and clutch plates.
• The previous owner installed S&S dual fire heads (5-10 years ago) and an S&S Super B carb. Current Owner has the original heads, which will be included.
Some of the Bike’s Features:
• First year of the Shovelhead engine. This highly desirable motor is often called a Genny shovel or slab-side shovel due to the lower being gear driven (same as panhead). Harley only produced this engine from 1966-1969. In 1970, AMF/Harley switched to cone bottom shovelhead engines.
• 2nd year of the 5-gallon fuel tank.
• 2nd year for electric start. (It also has kick)
Approximately 38,000 showing on a working odometer.
Original paint. There are a few paint dings but overall, in great condition. The rear fender has some paint rubbed by a barrel bag. Could be buffed out. Paint carries a great sheen from original.
Sheet metal is original to the bike is well fit and in good condition. Small dent on left-front side of gas tank.
All chrome thought to be original and is in good condition. It continues to take a good shine.
This motorcycle is mechanically sound and runs great. It does drip oil from the oil pump breather tube immediately after being shut off, typical. However, this can be expected from an old bike and has not been a problem. The turn signals and tach are not hooked up. Current owner has ridden the bike as-is since ownership with the odometer starting at 28,000 with no major issues.
Wheels & Tires
Rims: Great condition -- Original Harley Rims
Front Tire: 50% White wall Dunlop Elite II MT90B16
Rear Tire: 50% White wall Dunlop Elite II MT90B16
Engine # 66FLH6042
Frame # N/A
Belly # 166-3318 (Matching)
Valuation Resource Guide
#1 Excellent $21,900
#2 Very Good $12,855
#3 Good $ 8,610
Hagerty Value Guide:
#1 Concours $20,000
#2 Excellent $16,000
#3 Good $12,000
As pictured, Rider’s Manual, original heads, and passenger seat.